"Ayubowan" "Welcome" "Selamat datang"
Sri Lanka Malaysia Business Council
- A small country with huge business opportunities.
- The strategic gateway to South East Asia consisting of India / Burma / Afghanistan / Bhutan / Nepal / Pakistan and Bangladesh. Home to a population of over Twenty One Million people of multi ethnicity and culture.
- At the cross roads of both the Eastern and Western sea routes which serves as the point of entry to South Asia. According to Lloyds Register, the Colombo Port ranks as the No: 1 Port of South Asia and is the 26th in the World.
27 Jan SRI LANKAS ECONOMIC DIRECTION 2020 AND BEYOND - WITH DR. NALAKA GODAHEWARead More...
- Ranked as the most liberalized economy in South Asia with Investors being offered preferential tax rates, constitutional guarantees on investment agreements, exemptions from exchange control and 100% repatriation of profits.
- A dynamic and resilient private sector, which if necessary can be joint venture partners for foreign investors. However, foreign investors are also allowed 100% ownership of an investment. Concessions granted under an agreement with the Board of Investment – for qualifying investment projects – remain valid over the lifetime of the enterprise.
To encourage Malaysian businessmen to invest in Sri Lanka and to be a partner in Sri Lanka’s economic progress, the Sri Lanka – Malaysia Business Council was inaugurated on February 23, 1994 under the aegis of the Ceylon Chamber of Commerce at the request of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Board of Investment of Sri Lanka. The Main Objective of this Council is to encourage and promote investments and business to and in Sri Lanka, in terms of joint venture in trade, tourism and services between Sri Lanka and Malaysia.
Contact us as we are excited to facilitate your business requirements.